Austin Pond Society Board Positions and Job Description
Oversees the general operation of the Austin Pond Society:
Section 2 – President
The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation and shall exercise supervision over the activities and operations of the Corporation. He/she shall preside at all meetings at which he/she is present, including meetings of the Board. He/she shall appoint all Committee Chairs and shall serve as a member ex officio of same.
Secretary- Records the business of the APS and maintains records required by the State of Texas:
Section 3 – Secretary
The Secretary shall take accurate minutes of any and all meetings conducted pursuant to the Corporation Bylaws and keep, prepare, and maintain the minutes of the meetings of the Board. The minutes shall be retained in the files of the Corporation and shall be an official, accurate and permanent record of all business transacted at these meetings. In addition, the Secretary shall:
1. present the minutes to the members of the Board for approval, make any approved corrections, and record minutes upon approval by the Board in accordance with the Corporation Bylaws;
2. maintain an official current list of all members of the Corporation as provided monthly by the Director of Membership;
3. see that all notices required by the Corporation Bylaws or as directed by the Board are duly given in accordance with the provisions of the Bylaws or as required by law;
4. as directed, the Secretary shall prepare official correspondence on behalf of the
5. be custodian of the official records of the Corporation and shall promptly deliver them to his/her successor; and
6. In general perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Board.
Has fiduciary responsibility for all APS funds:
Section 4 – Treasurer
The Treasurer shall:
1. have oversight responsibility for all funds and securities of the Corporation and for monies due and payable to the Corporation from any source whatsoever, including the deposit of such monies in the name of the Corporation in such banks, trust companies or other depositories as shall be selected in accordance with the provisions of the Corporation By laws and in general perform all of the duties incident to the office of Treasurer, such as, but not by way of limitation the following:
(i) maintain the balance and reconcile the accounts of the Corporation;
(ii) keep accurate records of receipts and disbursements of the Corporation;
(iii) pay bills or invoices approved by the President and/or the Board;
(iv) provide receipts on behalf of the Corporation;
(v) shall submit an itemized statement of receipts and expenditures to the Board,
together with written statements of funds on deposit at each Board meeting;
(vi) prepare and present a Treasurer’s Report for approval at the Annual Meeting;
(vii) prepare for the annual audit by the Audit Committee;
(viii) shall be responsible for the filing of all tax returns for federal, state and local taxes;
(ix) shall promptly deliver all records and monies belonging to the Corporation to his/her successor; and
(x) such other duties as from time to time may be assigned by the President or by the Board;
(xi) Serve without bond.
The parliamentarian shall also serve as the compliance officer: As written in bylaws
Programs/Special Events– Searches and secures speakers and programs of interest for the general membership meeting:
Identifies pond and water garden related sources for programs
Makes contact and schedule speakers, explaining our interest and what audio/visual equipment is available for their use
Plans periodic interactive programs dedicated to the exchange of information and ideas among the attendees at the general membership meeting.
Plans and oversees events outside the regular monthly meetings.
Plan and coordinate special “members only” events throughout the year.
Plan and coordinate trips, outings and other activities, not necessarily pond related, for the purpose of socializing and building relationships with the APS.
Membership- Maintains list of members, sends renewal notices, maintains membership roster and collects/deposits membership dues.
Creates and supplies name tags at each meeting, reports to board number of members at reg meeting.
Pond Tour Director- Oversees and coordinates all activities related to the annual pond tour:
Sets up committees to handle volunteers, publicity, ticket sales, program printing, t-shirt design and purchase.
Selects appropriate ponds and works with pond owners to insure compliance with rules and acceptability of the ponds (no outlawed plants etc.)
Coordinates the world famous SPLASH! party.
Publicity- Places advertisements, issues press releases and coordinates media exposure:
Handles major publicity for Pond Tour by placing notices, article and sending press releases to local media.
Serves as the “face and the voice” of the Pond Society for TV and radio exposure.
Places advertisements and issues press releases throughout the year as necessary.
Hospitality- Provides refreshments at general membership meetings / SPLASH! and when requested for special events.
Sets up food and beverages prior to the meeting time.
Replenishes serving pieces when necessary/ works within our APS budget.
Cleans up and puts kitchen back to proper order.
Webmaster- Maintains the APS website/Facebook
Adds and deletes content as necessary.
Monitors Pond Tour ticket sale through the website.
Librarian – Maintains the APS book and periodical inventory:
Makes available APS book for lending and tracks the users of these loaned materials-purchase new items.
Photographer/Historian- Captures the activities of the APS through photographs or video:
Attends meeting, events and gatherings and takes formal and candid photographs.
Makes photographs available the webmaster.
List and Description of APS Board Positions.10-14-2015
Austin Pond Society Board Positions and Job Description